Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lawyers


             I recently gained the privilege of interviewing my uncle Tut about what a lawyer does. For most of my life, I thought lawyers did nothing but yell at each other in a court room and try to take advantage of the other party. But now that I’ve talked with my uncle, I know that the stereotypical lawyer makes up a small portion of their total population.
              Since my uncle Tut lives in Orlando Florida, I had to speak with him over the phone. Noise was rampant throughout my house, so I went to my room and closed the door. Doing this didn’t stop the noise from penetrating my line of hearing, but having the door shut did allow me to hear my uncle’s words. Turns out, uncle Tut is the type of lawyer that helps legal transactions move along smoothly. Like other lawyers, they attend law school for three years after obtaining their Bachelor’s degree. However, a lawyer must be licensed before legally entering their practice.
              My uncle’s insights into the life of a lawyer provided me with a small glimpse into a world that I would have otherwise remained ignorant towards. There was ring my argument out more fully in my up coming research paper. one thing however, that made me decide never to become a lawyer. I never want to spend forty to fifty hours a week at work. However, having my uncle dispel the shadow of distrust surrounding lawyers from my mind, uncle Tut has givwn me a way to further my argument in my argument in my up coming research paper.
              I plan to use what I’ve learned to deconstruct several of the misconceptions about blind individuals, and to show how this reality is possible. Gibing an example that everyone can identify with will allow me to draw my readers’ attention to an argument that would normally be brushed off as a topic that only concerns those it generally brings to mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment